WHY CHOOSE NAIA?
Why Invest in Belize Real Estate
We believe that Naia Residences is the best place to live in Placencia, Belize and the entire Caribbean. But before we answer the question “Why invest in Naia real estate?” it makes sense to first answer the questions “Why invest in Belize?” and “Why invest in Placencia?”.
Why invest in Belize?
There are a hundred good reasons why Belize is a great lifestyle investment but the most basic is “It’s Different”. What does that mean? It means that there isn’t a Starbucks on every corner (or any corner), there’s no Pizza Hut (although you will find fabulous pizza) and the nearest Walmart is in Mexico. No offense to these ubiquitous international brands but in this age of cultural and commercial globalization, isn’t it somehow comforting to know that there is an entire country that boasts not a single chain store or restaurant?
It’s not that Belize is somehow mired in the 1950’s; there are computers and smart phones everywhere you look and equally smart people operating them. Most folks have 125 channels of cable TV and can tell you more about life in North America than you ever cared to know. It’s just that while Belizeans have an open window on an increasingly fast paced world, they are more prone to enjoy its technical marvels without becoming consumed by its sometimes soulless nature.
Now that you’ve read the explanation induced by a couple of strong rums and a fabulous sunset, here are some less philosophical reasons:
- English speaking
- Stable democracy
- Stable currency
- Well preserved natural environment
- Diverse economic base (agriculture, marine products, and tourism are the mainstays)
- Self-sufficiency in food production (beef, pork, chicken, fish, seafood, corn, rice, beans—also good beer and hot sauce)
- Relatively low cost of living
- Low population density and plenty of wide-open spaces
- Multi-ethnic population (not perfect harmony, but pretty decent compared to most places)
Why invest in Placencia?
To put it simply, the Placencia Peninsula combines the best of what Belize has to offer:
- Nice beaches
- Proximity to world class marine attractions like fishing, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, kayaking
- Equal proximity to world class terrestrial attractions like exploring ancient Maya sites, jungles, waterfalls, rivers, bird watching, ziplining
- Excellent infrastructure (Belize’s best road, best water, good telecommunications and electricity)
- Small hotels ranging from basic to luxury (no mega-resorts or all-inclusives)
- Great restaurants, fun bars, and very cool, genuine people
- In Placencia you are a welcomed guest in an authentically friendly community
Why invest in Naia Residences?
Of all the possible living options on the Placencia Peninsula, Naia Residences is unique. It is not a “slice and dice” real estate subdivision masquerading as a planned community. Its 224 acres were faithfully developed according to a master planning process led by EDSA, one of the world’s premier planning firms. With large lots for sale averaging over a half acre, there is plenty of privacy… and built-in social distancing. Ample lagoon and forest reserves, parks and buffers cover over two thirds of the total property, giving Naia residents the freedom of uninhibited living but with all the security and amenities, including a world class resort, that make life more enjoyable and make life’s stresses feel miles away.
When you purchase a Naia Residences lot, all the infrastructure is already in place. It’s not a case of “soon coming” or “at some point in the future”.
The developers of Naia did not just step off the plane from Miami; they are Belizeans or longtime residents who have done business in Belize for decades with proven track records. They live in Belize and live at Naia and are always on site. When you live at Naia, you have an entire team of people (the combined staff of Naia Resort and Residences) working daily on your behalf ensuring your slice of paradise remains a safe haven for you and your family… no matter what is happening in the world outside.
Naia was built as a long-term project, an investment in sustainable tourism and residential development whose real estate value will only increase as the rest of the world becomes more homogenized.
But most of all, Naia is just a really nice place to live in Belize… and isn’t that what it’s all about?